Saturday, September 29, 2007

"You know what we really need? A chainsaw."

Spent most of today volunteering at Hawk Creek. The best thing about volunteering there is that I never know what I'm going to be doing. Today was typically varied: I resolved some MS Access issues for the mailing list, I helped thaw and move some freezers full of frozen rodents (what did you think the birds ate? Sunflower seeds?), I got to use power tools to rehang the front gates of the center up about two inches higher.... Today's quote comes from me, assessing the best way to remove some wood around the top of one of the poles on the side of the gates. For the gate to hang level, we had to get rid of some of the pole....we ended up using a router. I'd forgotten how satisfying it is to use power tools and build stuff.

Sonya's been abed all day with a migraine; I'm hoping that some delicious supper will help. After preparing said supper, I'm off to the Sleep Center - I'm being tested for sleep apnea. Again. Actually, today they were supposed to be seeing what the best setting would be for the mask that I'd be wearing, but I've lost 30 lbs. since the last test, so.... maybe I don't need it. I hope I don't need it.

No comments: