Sunday, October 14, 2007

Just roll with it.

So ... the best travel advice I have, ever, is to relax and go with the flow. My flight was supposed to be

648 BUF-LGA, arr 8:28 PM
900 LGA-DCA, arr 10:16 PM

Only now the first flight arrives 12 minutes late. This takes a "just walk quickly" layover to a "maybe if everything goes right. MAYBE. But you'll have to run" layover. So I called USAir, got my reservation moved to fly in in the morning, called my hotel and told them to cancel my reservation, went online and changed my rental car (oddly, it would have gone up if I'd kept a midsize; by switching to a midsize SUV, it went down), and now I'm good to go.

By the way: Hotels are surprisingly understanding about flight cancellations and changes; generally, (GENERALLY, BUT NOT ALWAYS), they'll waive the "you'll be charged for the room if you don't show up and don't call x hours ahead of time" thing if your flight was cancelled. Anyway, now I have an unanticipatedly free evening. I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with it. I think that, despite taking a shower and getting dressed in clean clothes, I may try to squeeze in a run this afternoon. I'm starting Week 8 of Couch to 5k, which means that next week, I should be close to running a 5k. That's 3 miles for you non-metrically-inclined folks.

1 comment:

lorna said...

I am non-metrically inclined so thanks for the translation. You are a guru of switching travel plans.

oh and i changed the blog address - FYI its now stillrambling.blogspot.com