Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Miscellany

First, a weather update...
I've been watching the weather for Thanksgiving closely, as I'm going to be out in whatever it's doing for at least an hour. On Thursday, I checked: High of 40-50, 50% chance of showers. [hm. An hour's run under grey skies. Yes, I can do that] Yesterday, it was a high of 50, 80% chance of rain [Um. Running in 43-degree rain (it's not going to be up at the high at 9am) for an hour. Well, better stock up on hot chocolate.] Today, it's now "Snow and sleet. Much colder with highs in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph." All I can say is that I'm glad I have the clothes for this, and I'm REALLY glad I've been training in the cold. Oh, and I will *so* have earned some serious Thanksgiving eating.

Next, a fitness update:
Sonya introduced me to yoga ... and I'm really digging it. I'm discovering new ways to move my body, and new muscles I didn't know I had. Right now, I'm discovering them by way of them saying "Ow. That was uncomfortable." But still. It's good.

Anyway, off to bed. Much to do tomorrow.

No comments: