Thursday, January 24, 2008

Silly commercials

I like to read fine print. I'm weird like that. Sometimes, just sometimes, there's a gem hidden in there. A couple of examples --

First, in a commercial for some prescription drug, there's some sort of animation - I don't remember the context exactly; for all I remember, it was little happy-faces representing serotonin. Anyway ... as the animation displays, at the bottom of the screen, it says, "Dramatization." Really? Did someone need clarification on this?

Second, from a commercial for toothpaste this morning, the announcer is saying something like "AquaFresh helps reduce cavities and gives you minty fresh blah blah blah..." and at the bottom of the screen, it says, "With brushing". Oh. With BRUSHING. And I thought it was osmosis-paste.

OK, gotta run...

No comments: